Sep 29, 2014

Daily Quote

"Art is the only way to run away without leaving home."
-Twyla Tharp
Have you ever wanted to simply escape? ... Without having to go anywhere? Art is one of the only ways to do that. Some pieces of art are so amazing that you can lose yourself in them to the extent that it feels like you are inside the painting. I remember once when I was at a museum or some sort of art gallery, and I saw a painting. I don't remember what it was, but I remember looking at it for a while and feeling like I was a part of it. I entered a daydreaming stance, and, just like a dream you have at night, I felt like I was part of that painting. It was amazing. It was an escape from whatever my life was like back then, and it was an eye opening opportunity to appreciate art. Think of art as a door that connects your life with a dreamscape. The only way to the dreamscape is through that masterpiece of art.

No comments:

Post a Comment