Feb 17, 2014

Daily Quote

Sometimes, simple grateful thoughts can be the most perfect prayer. When gratuity is in the right way, it is the perfect praise. Yes, gratefulness can be for the wrong things. For example: "I am so grateful for this new pair of shoes I got today." Sure, it is great to be grateful, but try to word it right. That comment has the right intentions, it just needs a little bit of editing: "I am so grateful for my mother who took me shopping and bought me a nice pair of shoes." Changing the subject from an object to a real human makes it better. Of course, other great things to be grateful for are the basics: food, water, shelter. Just because they are simple doesn't mean you shouldn't give thanks. Even the most simple gratefulness, when turned toward heaven, is the most perfect prayer.

No comments:

Post a Comment