Apr 20, 2014

Quote of the day

"God proved His love on the Cross. When Christ hung, and bled, and died, it was God saying to the world, 'I love you.'"
-Billy Graham
Some people don't understand this. Why did Jesus have to die on the cross to save us? That makes no sense! I didn't know the answer to this when I was younger, but now I can. Jesus died to forgive our sins. He didn't want to, but he loved us so much that he died and took all of our sins with him to the grave. When he was resurrected, he left our sins there in the grave. He left them behind then went up to heaven, leaving us free of our sins. We as people still commit sins, but because of what Jesus did for us, we can be forgiven. Jesus is our savior. He died to save us of our sins. He took our sins and buried them for us. He didn't want to, and we know this because he cried out "Eli, Eli, lama sabachthani," which means"My God, my God, why hast thou forsaken me?" Be thankful. This was God's way of showing us that he loves us.

Alleluia! Christ is risen!
He is risen indeed. Alleluia!

Happy Easter! 
God has mercy on all of us. Go and do likewise.

No comments:

Post a Comment