Apr 16, 2014

Quote of the day

"All our sweetest hours fly fastest."
-Virgil
Time flies the fastest when we are having fun. If you aren't having fun, every time you look at the clock it will look like no time even passed at all! But when you are enjoying yourself, time will fly just like that. Time is funny that way. When you want it to slow down it seems to speed up, and when you want it to speed up it seems to slow down. I remember when I was in elementary school (but I don't remember what grade it was), on the day we were all going to leave for spring break I got to leave early. We were flying across the country that day, so I was to be excused from my last class early. In that class, I kept looking at the clock and then looking at the clock again willing it to go faster so I can go on spring break. That clock ticked so slowly that I started getting extremely restless. Then I decided to focus again on the lesson, and I ended up forgetting to look at the clock for a while. It didn't seem like it had been very long, but I looked up again, and I was supposed to be excused in less than 5 minutes. Time flew so quickly because I was occupied. I watched the clock for the last 5 minutes, and time froze again. Finally I was able to leave. But the point is, if you are occupied or having fun, time will seem to go faster. If you watch the clock because you want it to go faster, it will feel slower.

No comments:

Post a Comment