Apr 26, 2014

Daily Quote

“Do not let the behavior of others destroy your inner peace.”
-Dalai Lama XIV
Be peaceful, and don't let anything stop you from it. While others may be mean all around you, don't let it get to you. Be peaceful no matter what. They can be as mean as they want, but you can tune it out. You are strong enough, so you can. Everything is possible if you try and if you want it enough. I know for fact that others can be so mean that you just want to scream and let it out. It gets to the point where the bucket of revenge keeps filling inside you until one day it just wants to dump. I've been there. I've dumped it before. It isn't worth it, in the end. But there comes a point where all of the pestering and meanness of someone gets to you so much that you explode. Sometimes, on better days, I am able to keep that bucket of revenge from tipping. It has never been drained completely before, because I am afraid if I let it then I will never be able to control it on my own anymore. So when my bucket gets too full I usually accidentally let out bits at a time. The point is, as hard as I try, the behavior of others has broken my inner peace. Just as soon as I get my inner peace back, I lose part of it again to the behavior of others. So trust me, this one is something I am working on as well, but this one is incredibly important. Few can master this skill. Don't let it get to you, it isn't worth it in the end. It gets you nowhere. 

No comments:

Post a Comment