Mar 18, 2013

Charity Organizations

If you don't like to serve alone, no problem! Sign up for a charity organization! I am part of one called NCL, which stands for National Charity League. It is a group of girls like myself and our parents, the kids aging from 6th graders to Seniors in High School. Every year, we have a personal goal of a certain number of hours of service worked. They hand out lists of opportunities, and we all sign up for the activities we want to do throughout the year. NCL is starting up again this April, and I am so excited! Next Saturday, my church is doing the Great Day of Service that I described in an earlier post (click here to see post). I will be working at another church in need, and I will be doing lawn work  painting, carpeting, etc. Many people of my church congregation volunteer for mission trips to places like Nicaragua and the Republic of Georgia. They also volunteer to help at a clothing and toy discount sale for those who cannot afford Christmas gifts for their kids. The service group at my church offers many opportunities as well as NCL, and it is a fun way to get with friends and serve others. Joining a service group is something I strongly recommend. It encourages you to volunteer, and it is fun, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment