Oct 21, 2014

Quote of the day

Did you ever notice that it seems like, just as you give up, you realize how close you were? This happens quite often. Many people, including me of course, get discouraged and give up on something, just to figure out how extremely close they actually were to their goal. So never give up! It might be painful, it might hurt. It might be taking forever, which is why you've probably lost hope. There are so many reasons to give up, but more reasons to keep going. Think of the benefits of completing whatever it is you are completing. I don't know what types of things you might be considering giving up on, but think: what would happen if you went through with it to the end? Just think about that. I have a personal story to share. Once when I was younger, maybe around 2nd or 3rd grade, my dad and I ran a 5k race, just for fun. Running, to me, is something that is bittersweet. I enjoy all of the benefits of running-- the amazing feeling of accomplishment when you finish, the feeling of being active, the positiveness it gives you for the rest of the day. Although, I don't like the actual running itself very much. But back then I just ran because I had to. I didn't actually like it at all. But anyway, my dad and I were running this 5k, and I started hyperventilating and complaining about how I didn't think I could do it and I wanted to stop. My dad and I had a rule where we could go slow, but we weren't allowed to stop running until it was over. So I was freaking out, and he finally just said that "you know what, go ahead and stop. Whatever." Well, probably not exactly those words. But he told me to stop and he seemed frustrated. Then he told me that we only had about 0.1 mile left. So I didn't stop. Both of us pushed through and we made it through the finish line. If it weren't for my dad, I would have given up without even realizing how close I was to finishing. So I'm going to leave you with this: never give up, because often times the moment you are giving up is the moment that you are the closest to your goal, and everything changes and becomes clear. So keep pushing. It's worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment