Oct 27, 2014

Daily Quote

I know I frequently tell you not to be someone else, and to be yourself. But this is for those of us who continue to pretend to be something else. This includes me. Sometimes I don't be myself because I want to fit in or some way or another. Anyway, when you're pretending to be something or someone, you might not be exactly like the person or thing you're acting like, but you can get close in terms of actions and words and phrases and things like that. And they can become habits! So be really careful what you pretend to be, because if you often pretend to be something you know is bad but you want to fit in, you might start acting like that even when you don't want to. Another example would be if you were jokingly acting like something because you don't like it so you do it to mock it, you should also be careful because I was always told that one day it will become habit and you will go around acting exactly like whatever you don't particularly like. Of course, this could also happen with good things you act like, but the best thing to act like is yourself.

No comments:

Post a Comment