May 6, 2014

Quote of the day

"If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it."
-Andy Rooney
Looking for quotes to put on this blog is a really interesting experience. I look through pages of quotes and skim them until my eyes catch on one, which means I am thinking somewhere in my subconscious mind about whatever that quote is. After I find the quote, I use it on my blog! So there, now you know how I pick my quotes. Just in case you wanted to know.

Sometimes, when you smile and you are around other people, the smile might be just because you are trying to be nice. The smile could be an automatic response to whatever it might be someone says, or maybe the smile is genuine. But if you find yourself smiling when no one else is around, you know the smile is real. If it isn't under the influence of anyone else's pressure to make you smile (which includes the smile you give to someone's joke even if the joke wasn't funny), it must be real. So try to notice your smiling when you are alone. Don't forget to do something fun every once in a while. Take a short break from your work and make yourself smile. Work hard, but don't forget to also play hard.

No comments:

Post a Comment