May 11, 2014

Daily Quote

"To be trusted is a greater compliment than being loved."
-George MacDonald
Love is unique in that there will always be at least someone who loves you. Love feels amazing and is incredibly important, but trust is something completely different. Trust has to be earned. Trust can easily be lost, but not so easily gained. Trust me, I know. I have had people tell me that they feel like they can't trust me, and hearing that breaks my heart. I admit whatever it was I did at the time was wrong and I need to learn to stop when I'm told to stop, but we're all human. We all make mistakes, and some mistakes are worse than others. Now, they might be small ones, but at this rate, they could become big ones. If there are two qualities I am working on the most right now, they would have to be trust and truth. Unfortunately I'm not very good at either, but truth is improving significantly. The truth now comes out with hardly any thought. But trust... I'm trying my hardest but that's not enough. Trust is something many people struggle with, on both the giving end and receiving end. If you are suffering from the lack of trust, join me today in trying to break our nasty habits and become more pure. I've found that, ultimately, truth and trust are paired closely. While you might despise that nasty little tattle-tale who rotted you out, at least they brought forth the truth. May the long journey to regaining your trust (others' trust of you; your trust of others) begin today.

No comments:

Post a Comment