Oct 6, 2013

Quote of the day

"Sadly, it's much easier to create a desert than a forest."
-James Lovelock
You've probably noticed that it is easier to do bad than it is to do good. Well, unfortunately, this is just life. But this doesn't mean you should give up on being good, it just means that you will need to try a bit harder to keep good. Now there are some things you should remember:
-Keep your temper. There are always going to be those people who just get on your nerves. And keeping your cool is difficult. But once you learn to do it, you might notice the person will stop or get a little less annoying. This is because some people tend to be mean because it makes them feel better. And once they realize they aren't getting to you, they might just stop.
-Always take responsibility for your actions. If there is one thing I have learned in life, it is to take responsibility for your actions and say sorry. When you take responsibility for your actions, the person questioning you will not only be happy for your truth, but will admire you for saying it and they will lessen your punishment. For example, a while back I spilled paint on the floor. My parents were furious; but I took responsibility for my actions and they thanked me, because I just saved them a lot of time. I was still punished, but they told me that the punishment would have been 4 times worse if I chose to lie and deny.
-There are tons of other things to remember. As humans, we have many flaws. There are more things to remember then I can type, so perhaps I might post more of them later. But for now, start with keeping your temper and taking responsibility. 
Check back later for more LifeRules.

No comments:

Post a Comment