Oct 4, 2013

Daily Quote

"God gave you a gift of 86,400 seconds today. Have you used one to say 'thank you?'"
-William Arthur Ward
There are 86,400 seconds in a day. Did you say thank you to anyone today? Did you say thank you to the janitor at your school/office? Did you say thank you to your teachers after leaving your class? Did you say thank you to your boss today? Did you say thank you to that stranger who held the door for you? Did you say thank you at all? ...Did you say thank you to God for the gift of today? For the gift of life? I hope that you have said thank you to at least someone today. Being thankful is incredibly important. So don't forget to thank someone, thank everyone. 
But don't forget to say thank you to God.
Connecting with God is a truly amazing experience. It is different for everyone, but the way I know that I am connecting with God is when I am praying and I begin to get teary eyed. Sometimes before bed I just sit there and pray. For thanks for being alive, for what God has made me into, for safety for my friends and family. And it is an amazing experience. Sitting there on my bed, I just feel lost in time. With my eyes closed, I get so lost in it. It is like being in a dream where everything feels so powerful. And the connection feels very strong. I can almost feel God holding on to me, hugging me. Such an amazing experience. 
I have a blister on my hand. It is on a very mobile spot on my hand, and it hurts a lot. But during that prayer time, all of my pain goes away. The itch of a mosquito bite, the pain of my blister, and any other problems just seem to disappear. God is amazing like that. 
So I encourage you to say thank you to someone today. And tomorrow. And the next day and next. Stop to appreciate life that has been given to you, and give talking to God a try. Even if it is just a simple 'thank you.' And remember- God is with you always.

No comments:

Post a Comment