Nov 2, 2014

Quote of the day

"The longer one is alone, the easier it is to hear the song of the earth."
-Robert Anton Wilson
In the busy rush of daily life, how often do you think you stop to appreciate nature? As much as you and I both would like to say that we appreciate it often, we don't. We as humans are frequently too absorbed in what we're doing, how we're doing, what we look like, what we're wearing, how much we have, what we don't have, what to say, how to get things done, getting things done in general, getting from point A to point B, etc. We're way too absorbed in what we call our daily lives, so we don't stop to see nature as often as we should or wish we could. It's really quite sad. I find myself walking through it all the time. I walk under it, next to it, and even over it. And not frequently at all do I stop and actually admire its beauty. I wish I would more often. And I will try to more often. I suggest you do too-- nature is truly beautiful! But it's hard to appreciate it with all of those lifestyle stresses. All of the people hustling around makes it difficult, too. So find somewhere quiet. Be alone for once. The longer you're alone, the more you adjust to the peace and quiet, the more you notice about the beauty of the earth. Besides, a little bit of serenity every now and again is nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment