Nov 13, 2014

Quote of the day

"There is nothing man will not attempt when great enterprises hold out the promise of great rewards."
-Livy
We all know that in the world we live in, hardly anyone is going to do anything for someone else without some sort of incentive. Some type of reward. I know that I definitely am more resistant to doing things unless I know that there's a reward at the other end of it. And when the reward is great, there's almost nothing man wouldn't do for it! For example: If I told you to do something stupid (don't do anything stupid, please) and I told you I would give you a dollar, would you do it? Hopefully not. But if I said I would give you a thousand dollars, would you do it? You probably would, no matter how stupid the act is. Same goes for good acts. Sometimes the reward is simply the feeling of accomplishment, self-motivation, the joy of giving, and all of those emotional rewards. Sometimes those rewards are better than the physical ones! Either way, there's not much man wouldn't do for a great reward worth working towards.

No comments:

Post a Comment