Jul 19, 2013

Daily Quote

"There is nothing like returning to a place that remains unchanged to find the ways in which you yourself have altered." 
-Nelson Mandela
To me, this quote is very much like returning to home after camp. My room wasn't changed since I left. The family room wasn't changed. Nothing was changed, but adjusting back to the normal ways of life will really show you how you have changed. Coming home from a camp in the mountains, I found that I am physically stronger now. I am also mentally stronger- after sleeping in rustic cabins, I don't really find many different types of bugs disturbing. In fact, black ants and inch worms are very pleasant company out in the middle of the mountains on a 3 day backpacking trip (backpacking is hiking to a destination then sleeping there).  Also, I feel more connected with nature around me. A month without electronics really does change your opinions on things you may already enjoy such as outdoor physical exercise, reading, and entertaining yourself in ways other than electronics. 

Camp has changed me for the better, but there is no place like home.

No comments:

Post a Comment