Sep 26, 2013

Daily Quote

"We do not judge the people we love."
-Jean-Paul Sartre
Today, my mom was reading to my family out of a daily inspiration book. I then found this quote and I am now posting it because it has a similar idea to what my mom said. So the passage she read to us was this:
Pour all of your energy into trusting Me. It is through trust that you stay connected to Me, aware of My Presence. Every step on your life-journey can be a step of faith. Baby steps of trust are simple for you; you can take them with almost unconscious ease. Giant steps are another matter altogether: leaping across chasms in semidarkness, scaling cliffs of uncertainty, trudging through the valley of the shadow of death. These feats require sheer concentration, as well as utter commitment to Me.
Each of My children is a unique blend of temperament, giftedness, and life experiences. Something that is a baby step for you may be a giant step for another person, and vice versa. Only I know the difficulty or ease of each segment of your journey. Beware of trying to impress others by acting as if your giant steps are only baby ones. Do not judge others who hesitate, in trembling fear, before an act that would be easy for you. If each of My children would seek to please Me above all else, fear of others' judgments would vanish, as would attempts to impress others. Focus your attention on the path just ahead of you and on the One who never leaves your side. 

I really liked this passage. I hate judgement. For a few of my elementary years, I was judged. For being short, slightly unsocial, a bit awkward and nerdy, that quiet kid who hid in the corner. At one point, there were people who jokingly said that if "the Green Flash" (whatever that is) came, they would sacrifice me. At another point, someone thought that I was a soulless ginger. Of course, things have changed dramatically now and I am accepted as a normal person in the 'society' of people at school. But for the time being, it didn't feel good. People didn't want to talk to me as much unless they had to. But now I realize something I wish I realized back in those days. I should have been trying to impress God. Maybe I did, as I have a thing for service work, maybe I didn't. But now I try to impress God with my actions and words and thoughts and prayers, and I encourage you to do so too. It can change your life. Just you see.

No comments:

Post a Comment