Sep 10, 2014

Quote of the day

I was actually just thinking about this a little bit earlier today. Whatever it is I can remember in detail is something I must be passionate about. Something I love. Something I actually want to remember. Unfortunately, this is also why I'm so bad at names and why people may have to tell me something a couple times before I actually remember. Only small things, though, like when I'm just making conversation and I ask a question to move things along, but then later (a few days later, at minimum), I ask the question seeking the answer for real, having forgotten that I even asked that before. Things that I understand are because I want to understand, and because I love that feeling when you are hitting a black brick wall in your brain and the information is just not coming through, when suddenly those bricks go flying in all directions letting you pass and suddenly everything seems to click into place and it all makes sense. I love that feeling, and that's why I can understand many things. The things we know and understand best are the things that we want to; because we love.

No comments:

Post a Comment