Nov 6, 2014

Quote of the day

"The starting point of all achievement is desire."
-Napoleon Hill
You've got to really want it to make it happen. If something isn't going quite the way you want it to and you are trying really hard, you likely aren't going to improve that much without actually wanting to. So if you want something, go get it. And if you want to achieve something, desire to achieve it. I can relate to this quote because there have been plenty of times where I wasn't doing something as well as I wanted to, and I really wanted to do it better. I really wanted to do it amazingly to make myself feel good about myself. So I desired it. I worked hard and desired it at the same time, and sure enough, I preformed just the way I wanted. This happened again just today. I was swimming, and I really really wanted to do my next lap about 20 seconds faster then I usually do. And for swimming, 20 seconds is quite a bit of time! So I set out for it. I didn't make my goal the first few times. But then, the last time I was going to attempt it, I desired it really hard. Since it was my last one, I had to prove myself! So I did. I swam that lap 21 seconds faster than my normal speed. So not only did I reach my goal, but I exceeded it. Desire is a strong force. But if you want your achievement to happen, you have to put in a mix of desire and hard work. With those two elements, almost anything is possible.

No comments:

Post a Comment