Oct 15, 2013

Daily Quote

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be." 
-Abraham Lincoln
A lot of what we are is in our minds. Happiness is something that is only temporary. But if you truly believe in your mind you are happy, and keep a happy and positive mindset towards others and life in general, it is likely you will fell happy. Same thing goes for when you are doing something tough. Like running- if you are running a 5k and your goal is to keep running and don't walk for the whole thing, you have to keep it positive in your mind. When I was younger, my dad and I would run 5k races together. We would run the whole time, until this one time when I just didn't think I could do it. I started hyperventilating, and my dad told me I could just walk. But I wasn't going to give up. He taught me that it was all in my mind, and that if I believed I can, I could. So I did. We finished strong and actually ran at a reasonably good pace for the age I was. I used this terminology when running cross country races as well. On the trail, I cheered on other teams and my teammates and told them that it was all in their minds. You would be surprised what a little bit of encouragement with information that is that true can do! For you and others! Because encouraging one person and seeing them do better because of that encourages you too!

No comments:

Post a Comment